Norway’s Petroleum Safety Authority has announced that it’s Management and Major Accident Risk Seminar will now take place on 21 March 2013. Due to the recent attack on Statoil’s gas production facility in Algeria, Øystein Michelsen, Executive Vice President, Development & Production Norway, Statoil, had to cancel his participation in an earlier seminar and PSA Director General, Magne Ognedal, decided to postpone the seminar.
The speakers will include senior executives from various enterprises – and with a backdrop in several serious accidents and near-misses in the petroleum activities in recent years.
The background for the seminar is that the PSA has held meetings with a number of different companies and licensees for several years in which the management has presented how they maintain an overview of major accident risk, and how they work to reduce the major accident risk to which the companies are exposed. The objective has been to focus on what information the corporate management uses as a basis, and what actions management chooses to take on this basis.
Several speakers at this seminar will share their companies’ experience and challenges within the topics addressed in these meetings.
- Magne Ognedal, Director General of the PSA
- Meg E. O’Neill, Production Director for North Sea Production Organization (NSP) and Managing Director of Esso Norge AS
- Øystein Michelsen, Executive Vice President, Development and Production Norway
- Simen Lieungh, Managing Director of Odfjell Drilling AS
- Kjell Pedersen, Managing Director of Petoro
- Hilde-Marit Rysst, Head of SAFE