Kenya Maritime Authority invites applications for the following positions:
KMA Scale 3
- The nautical surveyor will be reporting to the Chief Surveyor and Receiver of Wreck and shall have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Implementation of Port State Control and Flag State implementation duties.
- Assist as required in pollution prevention and control.
- Cooperate and liaise with other agencies dealing with Flag State implementation and Port Sate Control functions as directed by the Chief Surveyor and Receiver of Wreck.
- Participate in marine search and rescue where and when necessary.
- Carry out casualty investigation as directed by the Chief Surveyor and Receiver of Wreck.
- Participate fully and give professional and technical advice to any committee appointed by the Government to determine Kenya’s needs for domestication of International Maritime Treaties, Conventions or agreements.
- Highest sea-going certificate in the nautical field, that is, a Certificate of Competency with neither area limitation nor tonnage limitation. The certificate should have been issued in accordance with Regulation II/2 of STCW 78 as amended.
- A Masters Degree in Maritime Affairs (Maritime/Safety Administration) or Maritime Education and Training or Naval Architecture will be an added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate. Experience
- At least 1 (one) year experience as Master or 2 (two) years at Chief Officer Level after qualifying.
Applicants who meet the specified requirements should send detailed Curriculum vitae along with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials together with day-time telephone contact, names and contact of three referees to:
The Director General,
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
or drop the application at Kenya Maritime Authority, Moi Avenue, Mombasa, White House next to MSC Plaza. So as to reach not later than 18th December, 2009.