The Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) have published a new edition of “Piracy – The East Africa / Somalia
Situation – Practical Measures to Avoid, Deter or Delay Piracy Attacks”, which provides practical guidance for seafarers faced
with potential or actual acts of piracy.
Although issued by OCIMF, this edition has been produced in conjunction with:
· International Maritime Bureau
· International Chamber of Shipping
· Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operators
· International Group of P&I Clubs
Also, the publication is supported by:
- EUNAVFOR – the European Union Naval Force
- UKMTO – the UK Royal Navy’s Maritime Trade Organisation
An electronic copy of the booklet can be downloaded from the London P&I Club website by following this link.