If you carry Mullion Compact 150N likejackets check whether the oral inflation tube has a yellow plastic insert. If so, it should be removed from service and returned to Mullion says an alert from the Marine Safety Forum.
Mullion has reported that there is a potential Safety concern with the Compact 150N ISO 12402 Lifejackets, once it is inflated. Mullion has recalled all Compact Lifejackets which have been sold since 1st Dec 2011 if they have a YELLOW valve in the oral
Compact Lifejackets with a RED valve in the oral inflation tube are not subject to this recall.
The affected lifejackets are being recalled as a precaution for inspection and will either be repaired or replaced.
Advises MSF: “All vessels are requested to inspect the Inflatable Lifejackets carried onboard. Vessel’s that are
equipped with the make and model of Inflatable Lifejackets as described in this Safety Flash
1. REMOVE THE LIFEJACKETS FROM SERVICE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
2. CONTACT the QHSE department to arrange landing/exchange”
For more information, you can call the mullion helplines:
- UK: +44(797) 11 03 798 – Between 09.00 and 17.00
- Ireland: +353 87 995 31 92 – Between 09.00 and 17.00
- International: +32(51) 74 15 21 – Between 09.00 and 17.00
or contact Mullion by e-mail: email@example.com